Astrometry.net index files and other data
Index files -- recommended for most users
- 4100-series built from the Tycho-2 catalog; scales 7-19 available, good for images wider than 1 degree. Recommended.
- 5200-series, LIGHT version built from Tycho-2 + Gaia-DR2; scales 0-6 available, good for images
narrower than 1 degree. Combine with 4100-series for broader scale coverage. The LIGHT version contains smaller files with no additional Gaia-DR2 information tagged along. Recommended.
Additional Index files
- Debian packaged (4200-series) index files
- 5200-series, HEAVY versionsome as 5200-serie LIGHT, but with additional Gaia-DR2 information (magnitude in G, BP, RP, proper motions and parallaxes.
- 4200-series built from the near-infared 2MASS survey. Scales 0-19 available (though it's running out of stars at the low end). Must users will probably prefer the 4100- or 5200-series.
- 5000-series an older versions from Gaia-DR2 but without Tycho-2 stars merged in. Our belief is that the 5200-series will work better than this one. Scales 0-7 available.
- 6000-series very specialized. Uses GALEX Near-UV measurements, and only a narrow range of scales: 4-6.
- 6100-series very specialized. Uses GALEX Far-UV measurements, and only a narrow range of scales: 4-6.